From:
"Caryn K. Heffner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:20:31 EDT
I have to agree with Anon.  Had the original poster simply stated that
she felt that there were too many ads, that would've been just an
opinion.  However, BIG, she signaled out specific shelters (check the
original posts), which made it a personal attack on those shelters.
It's like the difference between saying "I think all politicians are
idiots" and saying "I think Bush is an idiot".  The first is an opinion,
be it right or wrong, the latter is a personal attack on Bush.  (just an
example folks, save your flames, Bush supporters...LOL).  And as a direct
result there has been no mention of raffles, auctions or websites, which
is truly sad.  Here we all are on a specialized group to discuss animals
that we are passionate about, and now there are those who need our help
but are too leary to ask for it because someone "yelled" at those who
do.  How passionate are we if we can't manage to scroll past "annoying"
advertisements so that others who want to help can do so?  So I say
advertise all you want, if others really care about these little critters
they will scroll by and not make a fuss....that can be their contribution
to the shelters.

Caryn

[Moderator's note: If names were originally mentioned you do have a
point... I can't look at it now but I will as soon as I can.  There have