From:
Jen & Andre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 21:57:02 -0400
Hi all, This fall I started my first year in vet school.  It involved
quitting my part time job and moving.  The past two months have been
terrific, but so busy.  I set up a room in the basement that would be a
safe place for the ferrets to play without getting into trouble, and every
day I took the three of them out of their cage and put them in their play
room.  Then I went upstairs and studied.  Recently I noticed something
that concerned me about my oldest.  A few tests later I found out that she
probably has lymphosarcoma.  I haven't decided whether to get a biopsy or
not, but since then I've been giving her meds twice a day and paying a lot
more attention to her.  Tonight I brought the other two to the basement
so I could work on my immunology paper.  Suddenly I went down and brought
them back up.  They are bopping around in the livingroom right now.  I
peeked in and saw them getting into everything.  One was in the box of
leftover halloween chips and the other was digging on the couch.  I went
in and gave them hugs and linatone.  Sometimes it takes something bad to
remind us to stop taking things for granted.

Never forget, even when you're really busy, be sure to take some time to
let your fuzzy get into some trouble.  It's what they live for, and it's
why we love them.

Jen
-Newton, Dobie and Fig