From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:59:32 -0700
Hello, Bob C --

I notice that you refer to "American" cages and their deficiencies.  Are
more appropriate cages created elsewhere?

As you might have noted from my earlier emails, I am having an outdoor
pen (abt 170 sq feet) made for my ferrets.  So far the people creating
the panels etc for it, National Wire Cloth of San Bernadino CA, have
been extraordinarily helpful and flexible.  I'll keep the group posted
as the project develops.

I had an intuitive aversion to keeping my ferrets in a cage (despite
frequent and long play times), so decided to get this pen done.  I saw
how much they liked to cover ground when they played indoors and I
also thought they surely would benefit from free play in the outdoors.

But I wondered, as the project and attendant costs and effort progressed,
if I had been just projecting.  Especially after I read recently that
ferrets don't mind being in a small place if they get regular play time.

RiccoRobertAdaTinaArtie