From:
rebecca klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:16:33 -0700
>From:    Tanya Grave <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Phyllis/Hard Decision

This is in reply to Tanya's "reply" to Phyllis in GA.

Tanya Wrote:
>But I would NEVER think of giving up one for the other - especially the
>ones that were there first.  It goes to show that you play favorites.
>Time and loyalty don't play a part in your decision.  How sad.
>
>I'm sorry but in my opinion you are a bad mom - but that's just my
>opinion."

Well, Tanya, that's good of you to point out how much better you are than
Phyllis.  I'm sure it makes her decision much, much easier.  First of all,
did you miss the part about her husband having colon cancer?  Perhaps you
ought to be thinking about the fact that this woman's life is falling apart
that in spite of that, she was thoughtful enough to search for a good home
for her fuzzies.  Her loyalty here is to her HUSBAND.

Life takes twists and turns, Tanya.  We don't know the whole story here.
Maybe the dog offers her ill husband comfort in a way the ferrets can't.
Maybe it was his wish to have the dog.  Maybe she's exhausted because she's
having to take care of EVERYTHING as her husband's not able to contribute
as much as he has before due to his illness.  There are times when we
simply need to keep our opinions to ourselves so we don't add more pain to
an already painful situation.  Sometimes we need to cut people some slack.

Just MY opinion.

[Moderator's note: OK, enough please!  We can speculate *endlessly* about
Phyllis' intentions and her situation.  But that's talking about the
PERSON asking for help rather than how to help with the situation. I
don't much care WHY a decision was made to give up the ferrets but I do
care very much that they ARE being given up!  That's where we can step in
to help: Talk about how to place the ferrets, how to ease the burden for
the ferrets... even offer to adopt them yourself.  Speculation about
Phyllis will do nothing to help the ferrets.  BIG]