From:
Fran Schreiber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 1995 15:40:19 -0400
Message to Dr. Williams:

Dr. Williams:

Today I discovered that my Jill, Chachee, may have a congential brain defect
that has been passed down her breeding line.  For two weeks now she has
stopped eating, is in pain of some sort, bites so she tears flesh, has been
eating what is in her litter box and in general is just miserable.  I have
called your telephone number and left a message for you concerning this as I
found out that you had dealt with her breeder and now that breeder is
concerned that this problem is in her line.

She has always been a "nipper", however, since she got sick she is downright
evil.  I knew there was something drastically wrong with her even before I
took her to a vet.  The vet that examined her felt she was fine and "just
had an attitude".  Today, the breeder came over and he got bit real good and
saw what actual shape she was in.  I have been hand feeding her or she won't
eat.  She is drinking o-kay.  I was given antibiotics in case she did have
an infection and give her .25ml twice a day.  She has lost quite a bit of
weight (She weighs about a pound now) and I know she is in pain by the look
on her face.  Today, she won't even let me hand feed her.

Anyway, the breeder gave me the case number which I left on your machine.
 Chachee is a whole Jill but only 5 months old.  She has no control of her
back limbs or the left side every now and then.  I ruled out insulinoma as I
did manage to give her a blood sugar test which was "80".  (What a job that
was). (I have a glucometer here as I am diabetic.)  She can barely hold her
head up.  But if you stick your hand in the cage, she seeks and destroys you.

When you hear the message on your machine at the lab, you will get more
details.  I hope you can get back to me.  I understand that if she does not
make it that you would possibly want to see her.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Franny
Chip, Chachee and Choochee
(and the late Chooch's mom)