Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2011 05:17:16 -0500
I've found that most ferrets have a difficult time getting enough water
from a bottle to stay hydrated. I know I myself, as well as many
others, prefer dishes. I use a lock-on crock, they are about $5 at
most pet stores. If they are not in the ferret section, try the bird
section.

You can adjust the height of the dish to prevent your fuzzy from
snorkeling in it. They also swivel and pop off the base for easy
refilling and cleaning. I have two of them in my big Ferret Nation
cage, and none of my fuzz will drink from a bottle anymore. They
drink less and are more hydrated.

They look like this:
<http://www.ferret.com/item/marshall-lock-on-food-crock-for-ferrets/650226/>

Cheers!