Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:24:33 -0700
An update on Henry. His tummy is seriously huge, now overflowing my
petite hand. YESTERDAY it just filled it.

His vet appointment is this Friday. He's only a little more than 3
months old. What could be wrong with him? Kits tummies aren't supposed
to get progressively bigger, or am I wrong? I know that some kits have
big tummies.

I contacted Chris Mathis, who runs the Oregon Ferret Shelter where I
adopted Henry, and told her what his symptoms are. She said that the
constant water drinking could very well be because he's still on
Marshall kibble, because his mouth doesn't work right. Apparently,
Marshall vacuums their food to turn it into long and skinny pieces.
This process sucks the moisture from it, so ferrets have to drink
more to keep hydrated.

Marshall isn't as digestible as EVO or Wellness CORE, so Henry has to
continually eat to get the nutrients he needs. I'm making a very slow
switch from Marshall to EVO and CORE, to keep Henry from having
digestive upset.

His tummy feels like it's going to pop. Will it? It feels like its
filled with tons of fluid.

Randie