From:
Cindy Featherling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 01:47:45 -0600
First of all you have no business saying anything, when you don't know
all the facts. I've known Nell Angelo for several years. She went to
Ethiopia with good intentions. With all the Government changes going
on, especially in the last few years, she has really had a hard time.
I told her she needs to come back to the US, it was time now that
everything is unsettled there. She said she couldn't because she had
all her animals and wouldn't leave them. She rescued a donkey left to
die on the side of the road. If she left him or the animals it would
mean certain death for them. I was the one who told her to go on the
FML, let them know what was going on and ask for help to bring her
animals back to the US. I know she is a proud person and didn't want
to at first, but I told her to swallow her pridem that she was doing
it for the animals. She was asking for a lot at first because she was
hoping to bring her two donkeys here too. She now knows that is
impossible, so now all she wants to bring are her ferrets, dogs and
cats. I knew she wouldn't leave unless she found a safe place for her
crippled donkey. She has found a sanctuary for him, but it is not with
out a price. She had to give all the vet equipment to their clinic plus
pay a fee every month for him to be taken in. but that meant that she
wouldn't have the vet supplies to sell and would only have the sewing
business and car.

You said she should work her butt off and sell what she could. Well,
for one thing she has sold just about everything she can and is still
trying to sell her car and sewing business. She's up in age too. She
was wanting to come to the states in a couple of months and see her old
friend who is dying of cancer, plus she needed to see her doctor and
have some medical tests done. She is going to bring the two ferrets and
try to bring a couple of here cats if possible to my home where she
will be coming with all her animals to live when she gets enough money
to bring them. I live in Texas 30 mi n of Corpus Christi. She has to
bring the ferrets, the people just won't take proper care of them
especially with Jonas being adrenal now. She has left instructions with
her most trusted helper and has no choice but to leave her dogs and
cats in his care and hope that he'll do what he is supposed to. She has
a friend that will look in on them, but she doesn't live there all the
time.

She isn't trying to scam anyone, she is a wonderful person with a big
heart and a love for animals. She never had any intentions of leaving
her animals behind for good, how could you say that, plus she takes
very good care of her animals. Have you seen any of the pictures of
them? I have, we send each other pictures of or animals and life here.
I personally love learning about her life there, but in the last few
years I've seen the changes and I worry about her safety there. I know
her and she won't leave until she can bring all her animals. I can't
understand how you can say what you did, not knowing the situation or
what is going on. She didn't ask you personally for anything and you
aren't obligated to give. There are some wonderful generous people
that have helped her and for that I want to personally Thank each and
everyone. With each donation you are saving the life of a precious
animal and I truly believe that everything comes back to you in some
way. So, those of you out there, don't be so judgemental and say
hurtful things with out even knowing the whole picture. You never know
what the future may hold for you.