Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:15:01 -0800
>I work as a medical assistant and an interest I worked with several
>years ago told me (when he found out I had ferrets) how they use
>ferrets to teach tubing "preemies" because the lungs and throat are
>so similar.  I don't like it either.

The ferrets are not harmed, in fact, they are anesthetized.  Many of
these 'lab' and 'teaching' ferrets go to good homes after serving their
purpose...I even heard that the majority of them go to the med students
who practiced on them.

Don't be sick...they serve a good purpose and are not harmed, and go to
good homes afterwards.

MC, with Artemus, Rudy, Abraham, and Tumbles.
In spirit: Bubba, Billy-Bob, Garret, Snorkle, Tuzigoot, Bancho, and
Squeeks.