From:
Susan Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 09:59:33 +0000
Hey all,
Happy Holidays!  I thought I would give you an intro to my business.  All
but one came from Stephanie Sheme at Ferrets Etc.  So this is an update for
her too, so she knows how her adopteds (sp?) are doing.

Hugo, He is a Calvin of ferrets.  He always has this look in his eyes that
asks what trouble can I get into next.  He has learned to open kitchen
cabinets, and the dinner table is his rousting spot.  He loves to play with
humans and ferrets.  With his wildness he is still the best hugger of the
lot.

Taos is going to be 1 1/2 years old on Jan 7.  I can't believe we have had
her that long?  She defiantly has small ferret syndrome.  She is very
feisty.  She will bite any ferret that walks by.  She does not bite people.
She would much rather play with ferrets than people because she can play
harder and meaner.  She is slow to wake up.  She likes back rubs and
scratches to wake up to.  She will squeak and moan while waking up.  Just
the cutest thing!

Sammy is still the biggest of the lot.  On the surface he is a mellow calm
ferret.  Once you get to know him there is no escaping him.  He will run and
chase you around the house.  Once he catches up enough he will take a flying
leap at you legs.  He tries to bring you down.  In his quiet mood he will
put his head on your foot and give a BIG sigh, meaning he wants to be picked
up.  Or he will scratch on your leg to get picked up.

Elbert is just a bit slow, both physically and mentally.  He never regained
his muscle tone after being malnourished.  He did grow all his fur back and
fattened up nicely.  He will try his hardest to run and play and attack, his
legs give out on him and he goes tumbling.  His favorite task is to put my
slippers away, in the bathroom.  This takes a lot of effort.  You just try
running with a slipper in you mouth and avoiding walls at the same time.
Elbert is by far the best kisser .  He is just a happy ferret.  He and I
have a special bond.  I really love him.

Our only non Ferrets Etc ferret Izzy.  She is by NO means a snuggly ferret.
She likes to play, attack and chase but NOT be held.  Izzy can roll over for
a treat, knows her name and knows the word treat.  For some reason the word
No eludes her.  She is quite the princess!  Such a beautiful ferret.  She is
black where the rest are brown.

So that is my business.  Thanks much to Stephanie at Ferrets Etc for bring
them to me.  She has even helped me with Izzy when I needed it.  I would
take more except for one ferret, Taos.  She is so mean to new ferrets.  When
our neighbor brings her ferrets over Taos will attack to seriously hurt.
She now stays in the cage when other ferrets are over.  Oh yea and my
husband thinks 5 ferrets is more than enough.  He only bargained for 3.

Have a fun Holiday season and a great 1998!

Sue Downey