From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 07:51:28 -0500
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled rug runner lumpers...

(Hey everyone...wanna see me go "under" the cat?)

On Thursday, furpeopleweyr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I don't believe in coincidence.  I have contacted the company requesting
>a list of ingredients and processing information.  If I get it and our
>vet and I are able to learn anything definitive, I will pass it on.
>Meanwhile, please, don't use this brand of supplements for anything.

While I admit that it's unfortunate that the use of Natrol points to
a problem with your ferts, I can' readily say that Natrol Melatonin
(in general) was the culprit.  While there is no way to be sure that
something didn't happen during the processing of your particular batch of
product, that can't be the prognosis for every batch of Natrol products
on the market.

I spent 11 months giving Natrol Melatonin to one of my ferts and two
months with another (the dose was 1mg per ferret).  At no time did I
experience any problems with either ferret (though I *did* experience
*good* results).  One ferret was giving only 30 days to live when I
started him on duck soup and Melatonin.  He stuck it out for 11 months.
The other ferret was in the latter stages of Adrenal and I was only
waiting on my vet to make an appointment for surgery.  My ferret was too
eager to become a star in the skies and left two days before we go get
him in.  However, his hair had started to grow back, he was getting more
frisky and he got his appetite back.

Please be careful when making broad or blanket statements about a
product, or about an entire line of products.  Though it is good to point
out when you have a bad experience with something, it isn't right to
assume that everything the company makes is at fault...or that it
actually had anything at all to do with that company's product.  After
all, you stated that you havent' yet gotten proof that it was anything to
do with the formulation.  Even if it turns out that something was wrong
with your batch, it still doesn't condemn the company's products, unless
a large number of other people using that product has experienced the
same thing.  Please be fair.

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]