From:
Rachel Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 1994 01:23:14 -0500
Hi Everyone,
I would like to introduce myself as a new subscriber to the ferret list. I'm
Rachel Rice from Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. My lovely ferret, Farrah
Ferret, mostly known as Ferret, died about 3 years ago after giving me an
incredibly humor-filled 5 years. Since ferrets are still illegal in Mass. as
far as I know, I have not gotten another.
I got her when ferrets were still illegal in New Hampshire, because someone
moving to NH from out of state learned ferrets were illegal and took her to a
vet to be euthanized. The vet couldn't bring himself to do it, and knew me
for a sucker for a small animal. I had barely ever heard of ferrets before
and at first was afraid of her. She made funny sounds, bared her teeth, and
stood up in what looked like a threatening posture. Silly me. I soon learned
better! She never once bit, scratched, missed her litter box, or did anything
even remotely threatening or scary in her life. I miss her tremedously and
still have her special toys and the stolen items she commandeered.
I wonder if anyone else's ferrets are as fond of peppermint as Ferret was. I
found out her love for it because she would lick my lips after I brushed my
teeth. So I gave her lifesavers and she stole them out of my purse (I have a
photo of her head sticking out of my purse, mouth wide around a new roll of
Pep-O-Mint.) She had great breath for a ferret.
I miss her body odor a lot, too.
Well, now that I've said hello, I'll just lurk for awhile to get a feel for
what goes on. I'm really glad I found this list!
RachelR and The Ferret (in spirit)