Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2011 15:13:08 -0800
Hi,

I want to thank those of you who have tried to help me in improving the
conditions of the ferrets at the Longview, WA PETCO. Unfortunately, all
of our attempts have come to naught.

Earlier today, my dad and I made our weekly trip to PETCO, and were
surprised to find the regional manager there, inspecting the ferrets'
living conditions, just as I was told they would.

Unfortunately, they found nothing wrong in their eyes, and refuse to
fix anything. According to the regional manager, the enclosures they
use are perfect for retail. He had the audacity to compare them to
staying in a hotel. He said that when you stay in a hotel, you don't
get what you want. He even said that an aquarium-like enclosure isn't
appropriate for a ferret in its forever home.

The regional manager said that he would provide the fuzzies with
hammocks, after I continued to badger him. But they didn't have any
that they could use in the store.

"There are hammocks right over there, in the ferret supply section." I
yearned to say.

The RM had two ferrets of his own, which he just gave a way because he
no longer had time for them.

I told him about the Oregon Ferret Shelter having over 200 ferrets, and
he said he'd call to see if they could adopt some out. This would mean
that they would be housed in the same conditions as the kits for sale.
He just didn't get what I was telling him. I meant it as a slight to
the store, seeing as how most of the ferrets currently at the OFS
probably were originally purchased from one PETCO or another.

Randie