From:
Mary and Modern Ferret magazine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 1995 13:23:31 -0500
To Debbie Riccio (and everyone else : ),

The new Eight in One food isn't "soaked" in raisin juice.  It is "coated" in
raisin juice--a bit of a difference. The nutritionist who formulated the
Eight in One ferret food is aware that lots of sugar is not good for ferrets.
If you taste the food, it is not sweet at all. He explained that it is a
minimal amount of raisin juice just as a little flavor additive. If you'd
like to, you can contact him and ask him about the food's formulation: Martin
Glinsky, 8 in 1 Pet Products, 2100 Pacific St., Hauppauge, NY 11788. We
interviewed him for the magazine and he's a very nice and intelligent guy.
You can tell him Modern Ferret sent you.

BTW--this post is in the interest of accuracy, not to plug the food. We feed
a combination of foods just in case we can't get one; the little critters
won't starve because of their stubborn little taste buds. I have also heard a
lot of good things about Totally Ferret.

--Mary