From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:58:48 -0500
>Again, the point is missed.  Petsmart is a business.

And again, you miss the point of the replies.  These people are saying
they choose to shop at Petsmart specifically *because* of the "no animal
sales" policy.  First of all, it's quite a bit hypocritical of them to
claim to be helping avoid over-population problems by not selling
animals, but still contribute to the over-population of ferrets by
selling them.  This sends a clear message that they think only cats
and dogs matter.

Most importantly, what all of the replies are saying, is that people
shop at Petsmart *because* of that policy.  Sure, it's Petsmart's right
to sell ferrets if they want, violating their own policy, just as it's
their right to lose all of these people as customers.  People are trying
to tell them that, if they want to keep their customers, they should not
start selling ferrets.  We can't stop them selling ferrets, but we can
sure stop shopping there.  And THAT is the point.

roger