From:
Kim Latas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 01:08:57 -0500
I just wanted to reply to the lady who asked about boating ferrets.  I've
been on this list just under a yr. (as long as I've had a ferret) and
recall a series of articles here about a woman going round the coast or
hemisphere or something with ferrets on a boat.  Is this in the archives??

**************
Nicknames:
Our ferret who's name is "Weasel" is called (yet never responds to) the
following:  Weaselbuddy    Weezy    Dweasel    Craisinhead  and
Sh*tboy. (well, I'm sorry, but he just poops so often and so big that we
affectionately refer to him as a little sh*tmachine on feet!)

I also call him those 'generic' "carpetshark" nicks when I'm referring to
him in front of visitors....

As for dogs never getting a moniker... my dog Sadie was called by five
names that I can recall and my husband insisted on calling her "stupid",
and honest, she answered to all of them!

Kim Latas
Spirit Lake, IA

[Moderator's note: The "sailing with ferrets" series was introduced in
issue 2236.  The first part of the series was in 2238 and for a few days
following.  You can search the archives for "sailing" or ask for the
back-issues.  BIG]