From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:43:31 EDT
I'm not one who will usually tell others what I think they should do.
Please realise this is only my opinion.  My intention is not to start a
panic or a flame-fest.  I am not a vet.  What I am is; very concerned.

In light of this new "virus" I strongly suggest that people not take their
ferrets anywhere unless it's absolutely necessary.  This "virus" has the
potential to be very lethal.  It is assumed to be a fecal/oral
transmission, but no-one is certain.  The risks are too big to take.  If
you come into contact with someone else's ferret, take extreme precautions
before handeling your own.  This is not believed to be ECE.  It is, in my
opinion and experiance, much worse.

SP