From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 00:50:22 +0000
Hi, I dont' mean to be stupid, but I read the FML almost religiously and I
don't seem to remember ever seeing the full story of what happened in
seattle, nor can I seem to dig it up from my past newsletters.  All I can
remember is 82 ferrets were killed by someone's ex boyfriend with a sharp
object.  Is Jean the person who owned the ferrets?  Was this her ex?  Were
they all breeders?  pets?  babies?  Why did this happen?  Was someone
around?  Did he sneak in?  If all the ferrets are dead then why are we
contributing to vet bills?  I am very confused.  It seems to me if this
woman had more than 82 ferrets, and 82 died, then she wouldn't need people
to send her food, cause she would have too much food.  Or did Jean take in
this woman's extra ferrets?  I have no clue what is going on.  Could someone
please post the entire sequence of events?  I'd love to help but I'd like to
know what I'm contributing to and if there are ferrets that were just
injured or what?  I don't understand why there are accruing vet bills for
ferrets that have already perished, but I am apparently missing a very
important part of this story.  Please help me understand, thank you.

[Moderator's note: It all started in issued 2138.  That issue and the next
few will gave most of the info for those wondering.  BIG]