From:
lori wegrzyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 08:06:31 -0800
About a month ago I started to notice that Scooter was losing some hair
on the side of his ribs. There was no hair loss at the base of his
tail, so I was praying it would not be the dreaded adrenal. We were
going away for two days and I was going to take him to the doctor when
I got back. When we got back, the thinning of was even more noticeable
than when we had left... it had only been two days! So I made an appt
for the very next day. Of course I was on edge all day until his
appointment; I could not concentrate and was so worried about my boy.
Finally the time came for him to go into the doctor and my fears
came true, my Scootie had adrenal. The doctor, (this was a ferret
knowledgeable vet, but not our normal vet because his normal one could
not see him as fast) told us our options. She said we should call our
normal doctor and discuss all of our options with the Doctor who knew
him best. When I called and talked to our normal vet She said that due
to Scootie estimated age (he was a rescue, but we think he is about 6)
that surgery was pretty risky, so that left Lupron, Melatonin or
Suprelorin. We chose the Suprelorin because although it is an implant,
it will last a year before he has to get another one. So in my baby
went to get his implant, it was very emotional for me (I think Scootie
was acting tough for his Mama! Scooters Daddy was at work so I did not
have my calm influence!) Anyway, after the implant the doc said that
his hair will start to grow back in about a month. Since the implant
we have noticed increased energy in our boy, he seems to be sleeping
better and more active when awake! He is such an incredible little boy!

Yesterday I noticed some yellow spots on his skin where his sparse hair
is now. I was thinking what in the world is that? I was getting ready
to call for another doctor appointment, when I looked closely... Little
tiny yellow baby HAIRS are growing back!!! WOOHOO!!!! My Scootie is
getting his beautiful coat back!! Not that he was not incredibly
handsome with his thinning hair (I always have been partial to bald
guys!!) LOL Anyway it was so wonderful to see his tiny little baby
hairs growing in! I could not stop kissing on him and smiling
yesterday!!! He was like "Mama, come on, the guys are watching!"

Of course Oly is doing fine, Annabelle is a little nervous right now
because we are remodeling the house and she does not like change, She
is mostly just hiding during play time. She pokes her head out but
never really leaves the one wall that is farthest away from where the
remodel is taking place. Has anyone had something like this happen? She
is eating and going to the bathroom great, but she has gone from this
feisty little girl to a nervous little girl that hides all the time...
Has anyone had something like this happen? I try to reassure her that
everything is fine, but I don't want her to be afraid... She had only
dooked once in four days, and only two happy hops... Any suggestions
on how to help her get her confidence back?

Thank you all, have a wonderful day!!

Lori O. in AK... and the star of the show Scooter, (Oly and Annabell
too!