From:
lori wegrzyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2012 07:02:12 -0800
Good Morning FML friends,

I was hoping to get an opinion from you. We were in our vet office the
other day (bringing Scooter in to get his lymphoma, and insulinoma
checked) and they had "Friends of pet's" cat in there looking for a
home. He is a beautiful, chubby calm guy, and I fell in love with him.
I filled out an application and got the call last night that we could
bring him home for a "trail run". He has all of his shots, is neutered,
and has been checked for feline leukemia. I am going to call my ferret
vet (the best ferret vet ever DR. SchmidtJ) today to ask her if she
thinks he would be good with my babies, and if there are any other
heath concerns I should be aware of when brining a cat into a ferret
home.

My question to all of you is what is the best way to introduce a cat
to my three ferrets? I know he is a pretty calm, mellow cat and he met
Scooter through the cage at the vet and did not react. I was thinking
of putting him in a carrier in the living room, and then letting the
ferrets out to sniff him through the bars. I don't want to let him
sniff them through their cage, because I don't want them to feel like
he is in their house, and they have to be in the cage. I do believe
that after time they will be fascinated with the cat, and either get
to be best buddies, or the cat might just go into another room when it
is their playtime, but I thought I would ask all of you! Please e-mail
me with any ideas!!! It would be very appreciated!