Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 10:45:46 -0500
I'm going out of town for a week and will be leaving Dervish in the care of
my 16-year-old sister and mother at their house.  My sister has read the
Ferret FAQ and knows who to contact in case of an emergency, and I tutored
her extensively.  She knows how to find Dervish when she's hiding, call
her, feed her, etc.

Now, for a year Dervish and I lived in the house where she'll be staying --
but we moved out eight months ago, so I don't know if she'll remember it.
I thought that would be better than taking her someplace totally
unfamiliar, or just having someone come over twice a day for feeding and
limited playtime.

What else should I do?  What can I do to minimalize or eliminate any stress
for Dervish's trip?  There are cats at my mother's house, but she always
got along fine with them.  I already know exactly where to ferretproof, and
I have a list of all her hiding places.

This is the first time in almost two years that I'll be away from her, so
of course I'm worried.  I know my sister will take good care of her, but
I just worry that Dervish will get upset that I'm gone, or that something
will happen.

Also, we finally have some photos of Dervish online!  The first is a photo,
the other three are captures that my boyfriend took from a video of her
(that's his tattooed knee in the third shot :-):

http://nettrash.com/users/meghan/p-dervish.html

-Meghan

p.s.  I chose to fly on Delta, because I support their acceptance of
ferrets as carry-on baggage (even if Dervish isn't carry-on this time :-).