Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:53:33 -0700
- how many of you, had no close pets as children, but later in life
became animal and ferret people?

My family had a dog, but it was my brother's dog.  Not close to me at
all.  I wanted a ferret when I was 16, but Mom said no.  I finally got
one 6 months after she died because I needed a pet to help me get over
her loss.

- how many of you, had a couple of standard pets such as dogs or cats as
children?

Just had one dog growing up.  We supposedly had cats when I was a baby,
but I don't remember them.

- how many of you had close contact with more unusual species of
animals as children?

Had little turtles and baby chicks growing up, but nothing really exotic.

I now have five ferrets of my own and run a shelter.  I don't have any
children, so the ferrets are my life (after my husband, of course).

Melanee Ellis
"The Ferret Lady"
www.ferretlady.org