From:
Vickie McKimmey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:26:42 -0500
Just a reminder that Holiday Ferret Expo will be here before you know it!
The show date is December 8 and the location is the Frederick Fairgrounds
in Frederick MD.  The latest issue of Ferrets Magazine had the show
location as Annapolis, but that went to press before we moved the location
to Frederick.  The final cut off for entries is this Saturday, November
24, but several of the classes have already reached max and are now
closed.  I do have waiting lists for some classes if ferrets are scratched
or no-show.  Also, just a reminder that all ferrets entering the hall will
need to be ADV tested (POCT tests not acceptable) in addition to proper
vaccinations.

Everyone always wonders (and complains) why AFA shows run so late.  Here's
why!

The following classes are closed:

Sable Hob Specialty (20)

Sable Jill Specialty (20)

Black Sable Specialty (20)

Breeder's Classic Premier Class (11 sets of 3)

Adolescent Championship (100)

There are already 2 adolescents on the waiting list.

What's still open:

Alter Championship - open

Breeder Championship - 2/3rd's full

Companion Title Class - open

Albino/DEW - 15 entered - 5 spots left

Champagne - 15 entered - 5 spots left

Chocolate - 13 entered - 7 spots left

Mitt - 12 entered - 8 spots left

Mutt - only 5 entered - will be cancelled for York if no more are
entered at this show

Panda/Blaze - 7 entered - 13 spots left

PC - 9 entered - 11 spots left

Point Hob - 15 entered - 5 spots left

Point Jill - 14 entered - 6 spots left

Roan - 16 entered - 4 spots left

Senior - only 2 entered - will be cancelled for York if no more are
entered at this show

Just thought I'd pass this on to any procrastinators out there so you
won't be surprised if you can't get in a class.

We will be running three championship classes at once with 9 licensed
judges.  Two specialty rings (at a time) will also be running along side
the championship rings.  Gee, I wonder if I could ever interest BIG into
being the MC for one of our BIG shows?  Hey BIG, what are you doing
December 8th????  We could pick up your hotel.....

And, as an fyi, AFA shows award a ribbon to each entrant in the specialty
classes, that is why there is a cut off.  Plus each specialty class will
have a trophy for the first place winner.  Trophies are also awarded to
each first place winner in the title class rings and 4 best in shows will
be awarded (trophy and ribbon), one for each of the best adolescent,
alter, breeder and companion ferrets!

We have all the great vendors attending so you can all finish your holiday
shopping.  We will have a photographer too!  We also have lots of great
stuff for the raffle and will also be having an ADV raffle!

I'd like to also thank Eight In One Pet Products for sponsoring two of
our championship classes and The Ferret Store for sponsoring one of our
championship classes.  Also thanks to all our specialty ring sponsors.

This is the last show of the 2001 show season and this will decide AFA's
Ferret of the Year for 2001 and Companion of the Year for 2001.  The
winners will be awarded at Ferret Expo 2002 in York, PA on March 23, 2002!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me directly, or check out
the information on the AFA website at www.ferret.org !

Vickie