From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 17:33:47 EST
Dear Lucky Charm,
I don't know what haiku is but I liked your poem.  You're smart and
you're strong.  Will you marry me?  Cinderella is in love with Ralph but
I don't have anyone :-( We can climb the kitchen counter together and
pull all the books out of the bookcases.
Love,
Norm
****
Dear Shannon and Baby,
I had Mr.  Fuzzy Wuzzy as an only ferret for most of his life.  Shortly
before Mr.  F-W died, I got Cinderella.  Then I had her as an only ferret
for a number of months.  I also have other animals.  I think each of them
was quite happy as an only ferret, as they had free run of the house, lots
of human attention, and other animals to play with.  At some point I took
Cinderella with me to a shelter to adopt a playmate for her.  She got along
fine at the shelter with Norman.  Once they got home, it was a different
story.  He was *way* too rough with her (he was much younger) and she
didn't like him at all.  So I went back and got *Norman* a playmate, Ralph.
Ralph gets along *very well* with both Cinderella and Norm.  Cinderella
still does not like Norman (a year later).

I don't think any of them are less affectionate because I have more than
one.  Two ferrets together is definitely a whole different experience *if
they like each other.* I don't think every ferret will like every other
ferret, but if they do bond, they bond very closely and playtime is
hysterical.  Not sure if that helped any, but that's been my (limited)
experience.

The Conn.  shelter should be listed in the FAQ.  If you can't find it,
please e-mail me.  Happy ferreting!

--Ronnie (the human, though I'm delighted that somewhere out there
is a ferret named Ronnie and I hope he is well again soon)