From:
"Kurt D. Springs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 16:50:54 -0400
Hi folks:

First off: Meg, I was sorry to hear about Shadow, Dusk, and Zoe.  Even
after a month, Paddington's death still hurts a little.

Second:  Since Paddington's death, I've been wanting to write something in
his memory.

I stood at the Window, holding your body close to me.
Your heart had stopped, Only minutes ago.
Transition from life to death.
You had crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.

Do you rember the time before?
Before we crossed to this side?
We lived together, unhindred by language,
by crippling ailments, by lack of a sense.

Do you remeber the promises made?
We had decided we were going to come to this side.
We knew the risks.  We knew a veil of shadow
Would close about are memories.

We would go, you I and others to live a shadow existance.
We would no longer be able to talk together.
Or friendship would have to be forged a new.
But we may plans, we two friends.

I crossed to this side first, and I forgot.
You were diffrent.  Were you allowed to rember.
I didn't recognize you when I saw you, save as a familiar feeling.
Yet you seemed to recognize me.

Did I keep most of the promises that I made
before the shadow was drawn across my memories.
I hope I did.
I still don't rember anything of that before time.

Now you have returned over the Rainbow Bridge
And wait for me on that far shore.
The pain I feel is not of eternal loss,
Only an anxiousness for when I may be with you again.