From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 02:32:04 EST
I'm beginning to agree that the Marshall Farms posts are getting out of
hand.  It's not like there isn't some useful information there, but the
delivery of it seems increasingly hostile.  3 posts with good info were
sent back today because I felt they crossed the "flaming" line, and perhaps
I'm still being too lenient.

Once again today, I've removed all Marshall Farms posts.  Tomorrow, I will
send out an issue consisting *only* of Marshall Farms posts, plus another
issue -- the "normal" FML, as usual.  From the feedback I'm getting, I
suspect most subscribers will throw away the MF issue unread -- yes, it's
getting that bad.

Unless the debate can revert to attacking the ISSUES and not the people who
debate them, I think it will be time, once again, to call a halt to the
topic.  A predicatable cycle, I guess.  (Not that the discussion was a total
waste -- there are always new people on the list who are unaware of the
issues surround Marshall's and breeding in general.)

Bill