Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 20:06:24 EDT
I am digging up my old flooring in the hall, entry, and kitchen.  Too much
poop over the last few years on the carpeting.  It is disgusting.  Tile was
underneath.  Am digging that up now.

What do I put down??  Certainly not carpeting.  I have 14 litter boxes, and
several major floor poopers.  Want all the same material for kitchen, hall,
and entry.

Industrial commercial tile-the ugly stuff you see in schools-lasts for
years and years.  It can take a lot of abuse apparently.  Found out it
comes in some interesting and rather lovely colors at Home Depot.  You hve
to ask to look at their special orders for commercial tile.  I could use
two or three different colors and form a pattern.  Each tile is a a foot,
and is very thick.  Reasonable price too at only 59 cents a tile.  But it
is dull looking-not shiny or smooth like ceramic or linoleum.

I could use ceramic, but I go barefoot, and I also imagine a fall might be
nasty on ceramic.  Cold and very hard.  Can it be properly disinfected??
It is expensive, and difficult to lay.  But it sure looks lovely.  It is
an expensive possibility.

Pergo flooring is not really to be used unless you can keep it from being
scratched up.  With kitty litter all over, I cannot prevent scratches.  It
also cannot be cleaned with bacterial cleaners.  One also cannot use a
normal vacuum cleaner with it.  I hate sweeping.  And-It does not seem very
clean when a bunch of dirty butt wiping floor poopers are bouncing around
free roaming.  But it sure looks lovely.  About $4 a foot.

Please help me.  I don't know what to do.  I need long lasting, sturdy
flooring that I can properly disinfect daily.

Lisette