From:
Anthony Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:12:11 +0100
All,

I can't say anything about the AFA as such living in the UK but surely one
of the concerns here is that people who have no experience of ferrets are
going to go away from these shows thinking that the only way to train a
ferret is to smack round the head.  Many people probably have no idea about
how fragile a ferrets skull is.  It is obvious that people on this list
have differing views on this subject but that has been gained from
experience of ferrets people attending these show cannot be assumed to have
this and should not be given the impression that hitting is the ONLY way.

Personally I would never hit Felix even if he does get a tad over nippy I
exile him to the spare room this is punishment enough as he normally has
free run when I'm home.  Also this only occurs when we are playing and I've
learnt that ferret play and teeth seem to go hand in hand (or should that
be hand in teeth) usually he just grips my fingures but applies no real
pressure.

My 1 pence worth.

Tony and Felix

http://homepages.tesco.net/~anthony.clark/ferret/