From:
David Pradarelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 16:43:51 -0600
ferret run times....
Ihave two fuzzies,Phoebe and boozer.I live in a 21/2 bedroom upper so
the smallest room is theirs.  i have a gate across the doorway(which
they discovered how to climb over real fast) so I usually have to close
the door when I let them out.I vary their run times...anywhere from an
hour to three...depending on how much trouble they are getting into.My
oldest ferret loves to scratch the carpeting and I know my landlords
would just love to see that.   I don't know if this helped at all in
fact I know there are people who let them run around 24hrs a day but I
just can't seem to feel they are safe.  I always try to keep a close eye
on them because when I give them the benefit of the doubt that's usually
when they break something.  I have a lot of guilty feelings about not
letting them out more soif anybody has some suggestions on how to keep
them from ruining the carpets etc...I would really love to hear them!!!!