From:
David Pradarelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 11:53:20 -0600
A couple of days ago I was reading a response about pet stores that
euthanize ferrets that they feel are too old to sell etc...I guess i've
always been a little naive thinking they sell all of these fuzzies but now
I have this feeling like I want to go buy all these older ferrets to save
them.Does anybody know when the cutoff is at a petstore and if there is any
way to retrieve thes ferrets before this happens?  Are these petstores
willing to discount these older fuzzies or is it more profitable to
euthanize them and get a new litter of babes?  My first ferret sassy was
about 4mnths old when I purchased him.and he was 1 out of 3 older ones left
I can't bear the thought of him having been put to sleep if I wouldn't have
bought him~he's such a baby!  If any one has more info on this subject I'd
really appreciate it....thanks in advance!!!

~Nikki,DAve,sassy,and phoebe~the
Milwaukee rat pack