From:
"Dr. Gary Holowicki" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 16:36:24 EDT
To:  "Ross G. Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
    Dear Ross;
    I'm sure you'll get more advice, and I'm not an "expert" as far as vet or
breeder, but having 9 "low rider cats" at one time, (currently have 8, Squeeky
recently passed on), and TImmy recovered from Lymphoma, I've looked at a lot of
poop.  Brown of varying consistancy seems to be quite normal.  The Science diet
has a lot of vegetable matter and that would help make it looser & lighter in
color than higher meat proportions.  I've learned the most important thing is
that they do poop regularly.  In fact, very black &/or tarry is an abnormal
stool, and runny mucose like is a sign of fighting off something, or response to
cleansing herbs in the diet.  The fact that she's young and eating and drinking
a lot is also part of it's condition.
   The FAQ txt has more on diet, and you'll probably get more info on line
or E-mail also.  I happen to be a fast oxidizer body metabolism and hypo
glycemic.  I need smaller, more frequent high protein meals.  Maby I was a
ferret in past lives, but I can relate to their diet needs.  I try to feed them
only food as good as I would eat myself, and finds this works when reading the
ingredient listings.  (no I don't feed them human food, except rasins for
treats, or a bit of banana or grape).
   I hope you don't have anything more serious happen to your fuzzy for a
long time.  Enjoy her happy and lite spirit.  The world is a far better place
for us being able to share it with such happy furry people.
    Sincerely,  Gary