From:
"Dr. Gary Holowicki" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 1995 14:33:41 EST
Well hello;
I've been reading the news letters for a couple of weeks now, and thought I
might submit my efforts to so far successfully help my Timmy survive what in
early Nov. was diagnosed by Dr. Brown in Ill. as lymphoma.  Timmy was
getting lethargic & not eating when I was in Ind., & a vet there thought it
was a blockage so we went thru a week of Ferretone & baby Fleet enema twice a
day.  He started nibbling dry food then stopped.  I was going to visit friends
in Ill anyway so Saw Dr. Susan Brown the expert who took an Xray & thought
she saw a blockage like a piece of phone cord (he had bitten clear thru one
twice), & convinced me to operate.

Once inside she felt the stomach OK, but the lymph nodes were 10x normal size.
She did a lab sample & said it looked like lymphoma.  My the time I got to
Boulder the lab confirmed it & said prognosis poor, treatment of no avail, 2-3
weeks expected to live.

My friend in Ind. is the ferret resource person for the Indianapolis area &
takes 4 legged people no one else wants like a cat with cancer, fetter with
seizures & place many others in new homes.  She said Gerber turkey rice is the
one her ferrets eat when nothing else works, so I had Timmy on that & an
herbal tonic I found in Colo. on my way to Ind.  The herbal tonic in water is
the only thing he would consistently drink on his own.  It is similar to KM or
other products, this being sold by "personal wealth systems or PWS.  Dr.
Susan also prescribed Pet tinic liquid vitamins 1/22 2x day, and Deliver 2.0
(which replaced isocal HCN) 6cc 3xday.

By the time I got to Boulder to see Dr. McCluggage at the All Pets clinic
there he said the lymphoma was 85% GONE!  Dr.  McCluggage does Chinese herbs,
homeopathy, and acupuncture on 4 legged people!  His name was given to me by
Dr. Nye, Susan's' partner.  He also added CoQ-10, the same people take, 30mg
caps., 1/10 2xday, and immuplex 4960 by Standard Process inc., 1/2 cap 2xday.
This product I've found at a local health store also.

I've read the posts about the Duck soup and found I can add KMR (kitten milk
replacement) without him protesting taste wise.  He did not take to Nutramigen
or Prestimil, both baby formulas from the grocery store.  So here is the
recipe that has evolve for my Timmy that may help some of you who have sick
little people.  He would take some from a dish or spoon but the most seem to
get in him by offering via a 20cc syringe with no needle, of course.  I think
maybe it stimulates a nursing reflex so he will eat some 5 to 20cc at a
sitting, 3 or 4 times a day.  I have available for his free taking, water with
a table spoon of clover honey and the PWS herbal formula that has some 28
herbs and fruit extracts.  I will post the ingredients if anyone wants to
know.  Dr. Susan was familiar with 3/4 of them & said she was moving into
that area as the AMA type medicine even for the vets had nothing good to offer
for many cancers.  In short I am applying some 2000 hours of research I did
when my brother had leukemia.  He had the AMA belief though, and it poisoned
him to death in 1989.  Timmy does not have that handicap so he's doing much
better.

Timmys' "super food":
1- 2oz jar Gerber Turkey rice
1 Tbl. clover honey
2 oz. Deliver 2.0 (the rest of the 8oz can I put in 2 oz. Tupperware & freeze
10cc PWS herbal tonic
1-2 scoops KMR, kitten milk replacement powder
contents of 2 caps of Immuplex 4960
about 40% of a 30mg. CoQ-10 cap
1 Tbl Ferretone for taste
1cc pet tinic vitamins

Feed 20cc 2-4x day or what ever he will eat.  When his chin gets wet we have to
pause to wipe it dry, he likes to be neat!  Afterwards he rubs & stretches on
the carpet & seems to feel much better. He still sleeps more than the others,
but he seems alert & in no pain, sleeping peacefully, so I'm glad he's here with
me. The rest of the batch my other guys finish eagerly. I hope to perhaps visit
Dr. Brown later this year with him mostly or fully recovered.  It would be a
mile stone in treatment for our little friends & family.

One thing that really helped is my friend Mason in Ind. repeatedly telling me
to be aggressive in positive treatment with Timmy.  Not just grieve, thinking
there's nothing we can do to help!  It may sound weird, but talking to them &
telling them you love them & am glad they're alive really does help give them
something to live for.  It's just like us 2 legged people, we need something &
someone to live for.  I've gone thru some bad periods of chronic fatigue &
depression & these little guys at times have made a difference for me also.
"We're all in this together".

                Peace, love & ferret kisses,            Gary