Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 1994 11:30:28 -0500
Matt, we usually have 12 ferrets sent to us from either Marshall Farms
or Path Valley. I don't think we have ever had any from Minn in the 8
years that I've been in the store.
We've had some really bad tempered ferrets over the years. Not many
but definetely outstanding. And we spend tons of time and TLC trying
to get them handleable. I can't even imagine what abuse a baby ferret
could have encountered in a store. Except deprivation of attention.
I've been bit to the bone. Not an encounter I want to repeat but Spray
bitter apple on my hands and start over again. Some just take more
time than others and they stay with us until they are handleable. I
love ferrets and the tougher ones can become the sweetest ones. Funny
how the nippiest ferret can love to be carried around in my shirt.
Falling asleep while I move around the store... I've been bitten on
the ears, nose, and hands but never on my body. Of course they can't
get to my toes or I'd have been bitten. PIJAC is the Pet Industry
Joint Advisory Council. Primarily an education service for the Pet
Industry. Not a bad group to have on your side. Gail and the ZOO