From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 03:03:27 -0800
Sukie Crandall wrote:
>We have been interested in trying Yesterday's News since that has also had
>good reviews, but around here it costs and arm and a leg so we haven't,
>yet.

Sukie...contact all the ranch and garden centers or farm and ranch feed
suppliers in your area and ask them about a product called, Crown Animal
Bedding.  It comes in 50 pound bags and ranges in price from 7 or so
dollars up through 15 dollars, depending on area of the country.  It is a
recycled paper product that is very odor absorbing and excellent as litter.

Lisa Dempsey wrote:
>Secondly, I would like to make it clear that this company does in fact
>ship animals (all kinds) out from internet orders.  I have not been able
>to verify what sort of service they use to do this because they won't
>espond to me, but there is information on shipping livestock through UPS
>and Fed-Ex

Something doesn't make sense here.  UPS (United Parcel Service) and Fed-Ex
do NOT accept any live animals for shipment.  If memory serves me, I don't
think they accept insect shipments either...the US Postal Service will
accept crickets, meal worms and other various food insects for shipment,
as well as bees and ants, but no animals.

Very few airlines accept live animals for shipment and when they do, it is
expensive...Delta has their Dash service (guaranteed same day, minimum
handling, point to point shipping) which is 162 smackers up to 60 pounds
and 214 (I think it is) bucks for 61 to 72 pounds.  (Call Delta Airlines
for exact figures on Dash...they are fixed amounts)

I need to call the 800 number for Pets Warehouse.  It is funny that the
web site doesn't mention anything about shipping anything other than
herps...all the 'they do too ship ferrets' is coming from the chat pages.
sounds to me like some clandestine shipping is going on.  Think about it,
are you willing to pay $300.00 plus for a ferret, sugar glider, etc.?  A
common, everyday Triple F, MF, Hagen, etc.  ferret?  Many people gagged
when they found out that the New Zealand ferrets I help import run in the
$300 range..

Anywho..I promise to call them and get the real scoop....if they do ship,
it won't be the first time I have given my feet a bath by inserting them
in my mouth!  Won't be my last either!  <GRIN>

For our ferrets!

MC, The Rude One
(With Garret, Snorkle, and Tuzigoot.  In spirit, Bubba and Billy-Bob)

[Moderator's note: But USPS does indeed accept small animals.  At least
they do around here!  (No, I don't ship live animals, but a bird breeder
in the area does.  He quoted the section of the DMM where is says it can
be done... must be in there someplace.)  BIG]