From:
Elisa Beth Stamm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 1995 08:32:53 -0500
I just read todays post(Thur.) and was a little bothered by the
suggestion of Soft Paws...a vinyl nail cover.  I don't think that this is
something that should be used on ferrets for many reasons.  Mainly, they
would probably chew it off and swallow it( causing umpteen million
problems).  Also, when my guys are wrestling with one another, they are
fond of "headlocking" the other ferret.  What if one of these nail covers
came off and got stuck in an eye?  Besides, ferrets have their nails for
a reason, if they didn't need them, they wouldn't have them.  (HOPEFULLY)
No one would ever declaw a ferret, so why try to cover their nails?  This
is just MY opinion-no offense meant to anyone, but I really think that
vinyl nail covers are extremely hazardous to a ferrets health.  Lisa