Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:22:59 -0500
>Weezl Watchr ferret gate it's see-thru and is made of polycarbonate and
>no installation is required.  My question is this, has anyone out there
>purchased this gate before and if so how well does it work?

Dawn-
I have a Weezl Watchr gate and I love it, BUT unfortunately right now it's
sitting on a shelf in the ferret's closet (they have their own walk-in
closet in their room) because I have a high-jumping ferret who can get over
it.  I was actually able to use it for a few months before Hopper (who was
actually named when he was 8 weeks old and hopping around like a cricket-
he decided later to live up to his name and learned the high-jumping
business) figured it out.  Once he did, though, there was (and still is) no
keeping him behind it.  It's hilarious to watch him wiggle his butt as he
eyes the top of the gate and gets ready, then he launches up diagonally and
grabs the soft material they line the top of the plexiglass with and hauls
himself over.  I'm keeping it in case I can think of another use for it,
or if God forbid something would happen to Hopper, but in the meantime I'm
just using my old standby, a baby gate covered with a scrap of linoleum so
they can't get through the holes and can't climb up it.  It's a pain in the
@ss to climb over (especially when you have to dodge the poopie papers and
litter box on the other side, and even worse when you're pregnant, as I was
a few months ago), but it works fine.

In a nutshell, then, if you're pretty sure you don't have a high jumper
(none of the other 6 ferrets I have or 3 that I've also had but lost due
to illness, etc., have been able to get over it), then I highly recommend
it.  I know it's possible to make your own clear bendable gates for
doorways that are taller than the weezl-watchrs but shorter than baby gates
and several people have posted on how to do it, but I've just never gotten
around to it!

Jamie and the seven clean and fluffies since their big bath night last
night: Hopper, Gus, Tiny, Fidget, Butterbean, Einstein, and Booboo the
Spleen Woman