From:
"Lange, Sandra SJ" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:03:58 +1100
Yesterday I had a potential housemate come around.  She had told me she had
a dog, and I said that was fine, but that I had ferrets, and they would
have to get along.  Unfortunately, her dog is a Staffordshire bull terrier.
Huge jaws.  It was obvious after a brief introduction that the ferrets
would never be safe with this dog.  So there goes an otherwise good
housemate *sigh*.

Princess acted strange after that visit.  The dog had been in the lounge
room briefly, then got tied up outside.  Princess hadn't seen the dog, but
later in the evening, when she came into the lounge room, she crouched down
on the floor, (not under the couch or any other cover), and just sat there
for a few mintues sniffing the air.  It was such odd behaviour for her (she
never stays still), that I though she was sick, but then I thought that
maybe she is smelling the dog.  She didn't even come when I whistled and
showed her the treats.

Sandra, Clover and Princess