From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 1995 16:53:01 EST
In case you haven't received this little piece of mail recently, HSUS and
the US Postal Service are celebrating National Dog Bite Prevention Week
June 12-17.  Here is a little tidbit from the post card I received in my
mailbox:
"More than 2 million dog bites are reported each year in the US.  It's a
serious problem for everyone--not just the 2,700 letter carriers who were
bitten last year.  It's a problem we can all help solve!  Here are some
safety tips for you and your family...[lists tips on how to avoid being
bitten and how to be a responsible dog owner.]...The US Postal Service
and the HSUS appreciate your help.  For free info on dog bite prevention
and responsible pet ownership, send a businesss size self-addressed
stamped envelope to HSUS, Dept. D, 2100 L Street NW, Washington, DC
20037-1525."

I don't know if everyone is receiving these, or just us dog owners.
My reaction: grrrrrrrrrrrrr, and you can be sure I've mentioned this
hypocrisy in my letter to HSUS

from Max (the dog), "I *like* our mailman, he knows that!"
from Norm, Ralph and Cinderella, "how come the HSUS doesn't like us?" :-(