From:
"Grant, Lillian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:32:10 -0800
HOWDY ALL, Sorry this is a bit long.

Two (2) of my Closet Thieves, George & his sister Gracie, have been having
some strange health problems.  Do siblings always show health problems
around the same time.  As you see the stats below, am I seeing some common
problem?  They both are Marshall Farms.  About 5.

George's tail, lost all undercoat hair and he tires (during playtime),
sooner then any other in my group.  Gracie sometimes acts like she is
having a Insulinoma seizure, falls over, drools, but she seems to be always
shivering.  She has had 2 seizures (this includes last night), immediately,
after tasting Ferretone, which all my little gang love.

Blood test done, Vet's Office & Lab results were a bit different.  Have
a appointment to have the Blood work redone.  The highs & lows are as
follows:

George:
ALK PHOS      Low   10,    GLUCOSE    Low     47,    MCHC  Low    30,
NEUTROPHILS   Low   48,    CHLORIDE   High   114,    PCV   High   58,
EOSINOPHILS   High   9

Gracie:
ALK PHOS       Low   13,  PHOSPHORUS  Low   4,    CALCIUM    Low    6.6,
GLUCOSE        Low   22,  HGB         Low  13.6,  MCHC       Low   30,
NEUTHROPHILS   Low   43,  POTASSIUM   High  6.5,  CHLORIDE   High 118,
EOSINOPHILS    High   8

Gracie scared me really bad last night.  It has been 3 weeks since I have
added Glucena (Ensure for Diabetics) daily to George & Gracie, to put some
weight back on them (they have lost some since their last check up, 6
months ago) and she decided she will not eat her regular food.  I cannot
get her back on her regular food, I dropped a few drops of Ferretone on
some dry food to encourage her to eat some crunchy food.  She just licked
off the Ferretone, refused to eat anything else and within 1 minute went
into a seizure & her body went ridged in a left curl up (I mean STIFF) and
she was semi unconscious.  I freaked & got some Duck Soup down her & she
came out of it and was her normal self within 15 minutes.  But the scare,
was so bad, I called my Vet., Dr. Lindsey and he has scheduled her for
surgery tomorrow, Wednesday, 14 Feb.

Any ideas or thoughts, & prayers appreciated.  You can reach me here or at

STEPHANIE & MY BAND OF CLOSET THIEVES:
SPANKY, MOOSE, SNOWFLAKE, GEORGE & GRACIE
PLUS THE ZOO:
TAZ, DARA NIN, SNICKERS, & MONKEY CAT
 + SAM, CLAUDIA & SCARLETT O'FERRET @ RAINBOW BRIDGE