Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:41:17 -0800
I once took Felix the late lamented albino cuddle to a punk concert...it
was a benefit, not my normal scene, and a friend was in one of the bands.

I went dressed rather "normal" but Felix...well, I couldn't resist.  Pink
colored Elmer's non-toxic children's glue made for a neat spiked mohawk and
food colors in green, blue, yellow and more pink plus a chain collar
completed the "look".

Can you say "hit of the party"?  I still remember the drunk with a heavy
brit accent saying, over and over, "A tie-dyed ALBEENO WEASEL!!!".
Interesting point: Felix (and most ferts) seem to hate Jazz or anything else
with a "brassy" sound...but thrash-guitar and screaming vocals didn't faze
him a bit.

The comedy continued the next day...at a San Francisco street faire, there
was one corner occupied by a classic string quartet, and paying rapt
attention was a very well-dressed lady with an immaculately coifed toy
poodle on the end of a jeweled collar and leash.  So I sneak up and put
Felix next to the dog...he always liked dogs, and him and the poodle were
checking each other out, all quite friendly...when "madam uppity high
society" looked down and saw the punk-rock weasel her darling doggy was
consorting with.

ROFL...dear god, what a priceless reaction.  You'd think her daughter dated
a bicycle mechanic or something...

Jim March