From:
Andrea the Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 11:10:14 -0500
I think Shari wins... but I have a story, too. :)

Years ago (1992) when I was in college, I would take my first ferret, Ozzie
(later known as Frito) with me to meetings.  One evening, Frito was sleeping
in the hood of my very big Irish knit sweater and was out of sight to the
casual observer.  I was walking alone to my car from a meeting, when
suddenly a somewhat obnoxious drunk man walked towards me.  I could tell
immediately he was not someone to waste time with.  He started talking to me
and I started thinking about how to best get away from him... when suddenly,
Frito poked his head out from around my neck and fixed this guy in a beady
stare.  This "gentleman" took Two Large Steps Backwards, looking noticably
terrified and confused.  "Whoa!!  Is that a RAT?"

I smiled and stroked Frito... "Why, yes.  Yes, it is."  For once, being the
freaky ferret woman was to my serious advantage.  :)

The only time in my life I've let someone call one of my kids a rat.

--  [log in to unmask] --  (Andrea M.) -- [log in to unmask]
  Ferret-children Ben, Bean, and cousins Amos and Snoopy
  Kisses to my sweet angel-ferrets Frito, Kadi, and Whitman
Special hugs to Joon and Hopi, missing since October 7, 1997
------ http://home.earthlink.net/~moonferret/ -----------