Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:54:44 GMT
I need everyone's advice, since you are all more experienced than I am
with ferrets.  I have one male ferret 2 yrs. old, Rocky.  I am thinking
of adopting a 5 yr. old female.  Because of health problems, there are
times when I cannot play with Rocky at all, and I was wondering if it
would be easier if he had a playmate--or would this just be double
trouble.  Rocky is free roam (no cage at all anymore).  So far, every
time Rocky has been around other ferrets, he has been miserable.  I was
planning to have him meet this other ferret first to see how he reacts
because the last time I brought another ferret home Rocky stopped eating
(besides attacking the poor thing).  I don't want to "force" another
ferret on Rocky because when he is miserable, so am I.

Another concern is if the older ferret gets sick and requires special
care, I don't know if I'll be able to do it.  Do they all get sick
eventually?

I hate being so indecisive but I want to do the right thing for myself,
Rocky and the other ferret.  I'm always torn about this issue.  Every
time I hear about a ferret in my area that needs a home, I go into this
quandary.  Also, I always wonder if Rocky would be happier and more
stimulated with a ferret playmate.  If I can't give him my undivided
attention until he wears out, he jumps onto my dresser or climbs on the
bookshelves and knocks things down, making a big mess.  Today when I
was in the shower I could hear the crash of things falling off the
bookshelves.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Shron & Rocky