Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 09:36:00 CDT
Harwood floors - Polyurathane (sp) those floors.  Nothing will penetrate.
Keep the ferrets off till dry - 72 hours.

Binky - well, it finally happened.  Binky was climbing into an open cage and
got his wee wee stuck (I don't care for the P word).  It was really an
interesting ferret anatomy lesson.  I always wondered how this could happen
and now I know.  There must be a pressure point that causes it to extend and
once extended it wraps around the wire, like a finger curling.  Nancy was
with him when it happened and she grabbed him to support him and yelled for
me.  Of course, I had to analyze the situation before I could do anything.
First tried linatone thinking it would take his mind off of whatever and
he'd relax and pull it back in - NOT.  So then I elevated his bottom
thinking it would release - NOT.  I swear it had a mind of its own!  Every
time we moved him, it wrapped around the wire!  So finally I pushed it back
over the bar and woosh!  back in it went.  I looked him over and poked and
rubbed to see if it was painful enough to warrent a vet visit but he just
gave me this "What do YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING" look".  A little more
linatone and all was well.

Bathing - I only bathe (the ferrets that is) when needed.  No regular
schedule.

Vaccuuming - The other day I was vaccuuming only to look back and find
Reep riding the vaccuum.  He was very comfortable and enjoying it.  So
I gently pulled it around the room and he stayed on!  (Canister vac)

Oh, and Randa likes for me to get down on all fours and put her on my
back and walk around the living room.  She will sit on my back for
quite some time, normally I give up first.

Condolences to all who have lost their loved ones.

Hugs to all.  tle