From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:06:55 EDT
Firstly, I would like to point out that some breeders breed becuase it
improves the healthy and longevity of the ferret but do not by any means
put tho se ferrets before a shelter or rescued ferret.  As a rule of
thumb, rescues come first.  I have in many years of doing both gotten
people who specifically didn't want a rescue or shelter ferret and would
rather a privately breed ferret .  I don't see a problem there but I do
however, see problems with breeders of a certain well known organization
who are overbreeding and who have produced some pretty nasty ferrets that
have been nick named names such as "bloodletter".

These ferrets should not be brought out to any public event let alone a
show.  What if my 3 year old child stuck it's finger in that ferret's
cage, would that breeder pay for my child's medical?

We can fight all day about what's better or what's not but we will
probably never agree.  Until all the bad roots are pulled out, the
problems will continue.  Now i have also seen the same breeder the other
person talked about th row the ferret to the ground because it bit.  That
is not right, as a reactions, one should not throw the ferret.  If your
first reaction is to throw the ferret, well then folks, maybe you should
think twice about how it could kill that animal.  Even if you first
reaction is to shake, the animal could go flying.  I have been nailed by
a ferret hard enough to cause stitches and my first reaction was to pry
the jaws off or spray bitter apple, not to shake them off or throw them.

But the fact remains that it seems this certain group or organization is
manipulating people into believing whatever they do it right.  I left
this organization a long time ago and don't intend on returning.  I have
better thing s to do but if anyone sees someone doing what was done to
that poor ferret, make a complaint or tell someone, but don't let it be
thinking they are a higher achry and no one would listen.

[RA]