Subject:
[log in to unmask] [Modern Ferret]
From:
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 10:39:15 -0700
I was gonna sit back and just bite my tongue, but from where I sit - I see
someone pop-up and talk the talk...well 'ferts', I hope you can walk the
walk.  I don't know what dark hole you came out of, but you can crawl back
in.  On the cover of Modern Ferret, you will see For Ferret Owners.  By
Ferret Owners.  Modern Ferret is a family oriented mag, that cares not only
about ferrets, but about the people who are owned by them.  When I receive
my Modern Ferret mag, I feel like I'm family.  Unlike Ferrets or Ferret
USA.  They care only about the high and mighty dollar.  They don't make you
feel you are part of a community of ferret enthusiasts.  They very well
know that when they print California names and addresses, they are not only
hurting the person, if caught with their beloved pet, they can face
enormous fines.  Be placed on PROBATION for years and in California, the
officers can come right on in your home without a search warrant, plus
losing their beloved ferret to almost certain DEATH.

My address, phone number and the insinuation that I breed and sell ferrets.
I have 20 to 30 phone calls a week from people wanting to buy ferrets.
Now, if I owned ferrets-what the )$#( do you think would be happening?  My
home would be over run with DFG.  I did not authorize anyone to publicly
display my name to the world in their mag!  When I answer my phone I say
'no I do not have ferrets - ferrets are illegal in California.  Would you
like information on helping with the Legalization Process - I barely get
that out of my mouth - before they hang-up.  So until you've been
there...done that, don't down Modern Ferret, they put ferrets and people
before the almighty dollar.  If they grace the pages with their photos and
ferrets, so be it.  It's better than a picture of DFG coming in your home,
destroying it, when they know very well you wouldn't house your ferret in a
4"x 4"x 1 1/2" tampon case, then confiscate your ferret and you never see
s/he ever again.

Now I'll take a nap and dream of fuzzies...good day everyone, xoxoxo's to
all fuzzies.