From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 1996 12:20:01 EDT
Melissa--
I strongly second what Vicki said-- I have asthma too, and I react much more
strongly to cats than to my ferrets.  If they haven't had a bath in a while
and one curls up on my pillow at night, I have some problems (more so with
the male, perhaps because he's not descented) but otherwise life is normal
with them.  I do bathe them more frequently than most people on this list
seem to bathe theirs (once a week; no skin problems, and lovely plush fur),
so that might help.  Also I found that I react to clay litters, because of
all the dust.  Switching to pine pellets or newspaper pellets, if you use
clay, can help the general air quality of your living space, not to mention
using an air purifier.  Good luck in sorting out your allergies, but don't
give up on the ferrets right away (although I assume that giving up the cats
wouldn't be any easier :-( )

Regina