From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:05:49 -0600
>All the "latrine" odor must be eliminated and there is NOTHING that can
>simply be sprayed on top of the carpet that will do this.  The spot must
>be wet soaked with vinegar to chemically neutralize the odor.

Very true.  We tried everything before someone told us about vinegar...
and it has been the *only* thing that neutralizes the "bathroom" odor
well enough to keep ultra-sensitive fuzzy noses from still being able to
detect it.

On a slightly different note, THANK YOU to whoever it was (several people,
I think) that suggested the newspaper in the corners.  Our ferrets hit the
litter boxes in the cage 100% of the time, but like to try to go in front
of the litter boxes when out & about.  We had tried everything to solve
this, but finally gave up and put plastic runners in the spots we put the
litter boxes in.  However, that still leaves a mess to clean up off the
plastic.  So I recently started putting newspaper on top of the plastic &
under the boxes...

Our ferrets hate the newspaper so much that they now refuse to go anywhere
but in the litter boxes that are in their cage!  LOL!

Shannon
Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin