From:
Vicki Rummel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 22:04:33 -0400
I am the President of Rocky's Ferret Rescue & Shelter and I have been
reading the posts about The Ferret Store.  As a no kill/ no refusal
shelter, we have been extremely busy with the recent closing of several
east coast shelters.  In defense of TFS, we could not have managed this
without them.  When we have our fundraisers, TFS has always sent donations.
Because of these donations, we were able to do ADV testing on all of our
ferrets, buy food, litter,etc.  and all the things that go with operating
a shelter.  The Director of Shelter Affairs, Barbara Clay has said that
TFS has "kept her nose above water".  We are extremely appreciative!

Speaking of Barbara Clay...
She is very modest and I'm sure I will hear about this-lol.  Rocky's Ferret
Rescue & Shelter is NOTHING without Barb.  She gives so much of herself to
the ferrets.  No ferret has ever been turned away or done without anything.
Times are tough right now financially.  The surrenders are coming in fast
but not many adoptions (vacation time maybe?).  If anyone could be kind
enough to send donations of cash,food,litter,etc., it would be most
appreciated.  If you can help, please e-mail me for the mailing address
or check out Rocky's website at http://www.gfme.com/ferretrescue/

Vicki Rummel