From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 04:00:16 -0800
Hi Janice;

The few times I had a ferret in the car in summer & had to stop for an Rx
(on the way home with the ferret in summer), I left the car running with the
AC, & had a spare key to lock the door.  ( I would since have two spares,
one in my wallet).  I put the sun shades in the window, and if I had to wait
I checked the car every couple of minutes.  SInce then I simply take him in
the store, even in a Wal Mart where they "don't allow" pets.  He was in a
carrier & I explained he would die if left outside.  After not finding her
supervisor after a couple of minutes, she just said, "oh well, if anyone
asks, I didn't see you come in".  Since he was in a carrier, people just
thought I was buying the carrier & paid no attention at all.  The check out
girl said nothing on the way out.

When it was too cold on another trip, when I stopped for dinner, I chose a
motel & left TImmy & Tina when they were babies with the front desk while I
ate in the attached restaurant.  The girls of course had to see what they
were guarding when I was done eating, & the ferts were happy to explore her
pencil holder, etc..  They were very nice about it.

Whenever I explained it was a safety situation, people seemed to go out of
their way to be helpful.

Take care, Gary