From:
Marissa Bonasia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:59:38 EST
I don't know if anyone raised this point.  I'm certainly not defending any
of the disgusting comments that Mia received but for all you people who
believe flames should be forwarded to the list and made public:

Has any one of you considered that the reason some may choose to email
privately is because they were censored from the list in the first place?
For the few times that I have been censored myself, I would have been more
than happy to have had my post made public as originally intended.  I do
believe that forwarding private emails to the list to be posted is a waste
of people's time.  Just delete it if you don't like it.

On a different tangent, I just wanted to say that my elderly ferret had a
very hard time regulating her own body temperature towards the end so I
needed to help her by providing extra heat.  I guess for the sick and old,
you really have to gauge temperature on an individual basis.  One thing
that Bill K. aka Zen suggested that really worked well was a bag of rice
heated in the microwave.  It stayed warm a very long time.  Also, even
healthy ferrets seem to enjoy fleece bedding which is really warm stuff.

Sympathy for all those who have recently lost a fuzzy...

--Marissa